Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

17 ufos in 2017 - Ben Biggs Wedding Quilt

This was the BOM from sentimental stitches and dear jane in 2014-2015. I collected all the blocks when they were free. You have to buy them now but it is worth every penny. Wait! We don't use pennies in Canada anymore. Anyway, I was working on several other hand projects at the time so thought that doing this one by machine applique would be faster. I was wrong. I cannot take a machine with me when I travel. I usually prep and take along several hand applique blocks. I get a lot done that way.




This is all I got done at the Shipshewana retreat earlier this month. 




I have not touched this project since I completed my  first OMG more than a year and a half ago.
This is number 17 on my 17 ufos in 2017. I have all the border swags cut out and fused ready to prep and applique onto the mere 10 inch borders. Four of them. Borders. This will be done by machine.




My plan is to machine quilt each block as I go then connect them together somehow. I don't think I want contrasting sashing strips between the blocks. But I don't have to worry about that for now, do I since I still have about 20 blocks to complete. 

Blessings,
Chris
Linking with: 
http://superscrappy.blogspot.ca/  omg-one-monthly-goal   midweek-makers  BOMs Away  sewfreshquilts   needle-and-thread-thursday   can I get a whoop-whoop   Slow Sunday Stitching   esther's WOW    needleandthreadnetwork   quilter's monday  17ufosin2017.

5 comments:

  1. You do some very pretty applique projects. This post and the few immediately preceding are all quite lovely. I commend you for finishing 17 UFOs in '17! This is truly an accomplishment! I made a similar goal, but only had to do 12 - 1 per month. I am currently 11 out of 11, and am eager to finish 12 soon. It took every bit of my resolve to stay with it, so that's why I say your 17 is a remarkable achievement! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your B. Biggs blocks are coming along beautifully! I have not seen mine for about 2 1/2 months...think it got lost at the L.A. quilter’s because of the Christmas rush...anxious to get it back and put the binding on...Huge congratulations on doing 17 in 2017...my list has a number of my own 17 checked off, but far from being complete. You have accomplished a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on completing your 17 - I think I will have to give up sleeping in December to make some significant progress on my remaining projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have all the prep work done? Now it's sew, sew, sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Benjamin Briggs quilt & regret not downloaded the patterns when they were free :( Why don't you combine hand and machine applique to get yours finished - I've done it, who would know/care

    ReplyDelete