Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Final OMG Completion for 2017

My One Monthly Goal for December was to complete the 13 blocks with corner leaves to use for the borders of my 1857 Album Quilt. I out did myself this month. Not only did I complete these 13 blocks and cut them for the borders,




but I also made no less than 12 more blocks




bringing the total to 36. Several of these were started more than a year and a half ago but they are all complete now. I still need to do a bit of embroidery to finish up a couple then comes the fun part of assembling the top as a whole. I will rearrange some of the blocks to balance out the circles and I want each of the corner leaves to be different. I can get the little girls to help.


 


Now its time to change gears and start looking forward to the Rainbow scrap challenge block colour for January and Gay at sentimental stitches has something new up her sleeve for 2018. Can hardly wait. I wonder what colour I will choose? And what number for the 12 ufos for 2018 challenge. I will try to be patient.

New Year's blessings,
Chris

Linking with    one-monthly-goal  lovelaughquilt  mid week makers  BOMs Away  let's bee social  needle-and-thread-thursday  can I get a whoop-whoop  slow sunday stitching  needleandthreadnetwork  esther's WOW  busyhandsquilts  patchworktimes 2018-ufo-challenge  pomegranateandchintz 2018-challenge/  

11 comments:

  1. Your 1857 Album Quilt is beautiful. I too am anxious to see what Gay has for us in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the1857 Album quilt! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Chris you did do well LOL What a great feeling it must be to see all those wee blocks almost completed. How beautiful the quilt top looks laid out too. Wishing you a great 2018 Chris Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! I don't think you slept at all in December. Great job. I still need to sew all mine together....Maybe that will happen in January? Have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 1857 Album quilt is just gorgeous! So glad you have gotten to the point that all that effort is paying off, give yourself a big pat on the back! Happy New Years and happy stitching in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt. I always love Album quilts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete