The Fall Equinox is upon us and that means a few things.
And got a kink in my neck. Been going to waterfit at least 3 times a week now because I can. I will be seeing the little boys this weekend. I bet they have grown. Four year old Jonathan is now in school and learning to print his name. Two and a half year old David wanted snow so he emptied 3 cans of powder all over his room and carpet. Its been 3 whole weeks since I saw them and will be there for hugs and kisses tomorrow. And Sunday since I am babysitting then.
- The calendar says Fall officially begins on Sat.
- It always rains.
- We could have our first frost of the season.
- Daytime temperatures are still high.
- Nights are getting cooler.
- Yesterday the kitchen air conditioner was on.
- Today I wanted to turn on the furnace.
- Turning on the furnace will dry out some of the moisture in this old house.
- The children have gone back to school.
- The new half time living here is 3 weeks in and so far things are working well.
- The black walnut trees are the first to shed their leaves.
- Actually, they are the last to open them in the spring.
- The squirrels have planted many new trees around the house.
- I saw a flock of about 60 Canada geese fly over.
- They were noisy.
- They are not Canadian geese.
- They are Canada Geese.
- It is fall fair time.
- That means we show cows.
- I am retired so I do not show cows any more,.
- Actually, I do not do any set up or take down or run errands any more.
- Fact is, I am going away this weekend to a ladies retreat.
- I baked a banana cake.
- This has nothing to do with the season. I just finally had some brown bananas.
- Lots of bananas are eaten here these days.
- And apples.
- And yogurt.
- The girls have entered some of their crafts and needlework.
- Elly had 12 seven inch blocks sewn together.
- Devan had 2 blocks sewn together.
- I put socks on one day last week.
- Now I don't know how to get rid of these dots.
- I have been posting about ufos and enjoying the journey.
- At this point, I have not pretended to try to complete any of them.
- I just wanted a record of what is in the cupboard and why they are not yet complete.
That's better.
I went to Upper Canada Village last weekend. It was a 6 hour drive so
I took the Via Rail train.
Had a nap both ways and read a whole book.
Stitched on 2 Dear Daughter blocks.
And got a kink in my neck. Been going to waterfit at least 3 times a week now because I can. I will be seeing the little boys this weekend. I bet they have grown. Four year old Jonathan is now in school and learning to print his name. Two and a half year old David wanted snow so he emptied 3 cans of powder all over his room and carpet. Its been 3 whole weeks since I saw them and will be there for hugs and kisses tomorrow. And Sunday since I am babysitting then.
I will be going to India for a ministry trip in just over 6 weeks from now and am collecting a few things to take along. I have saris and Punjabi dresses all over the living room. I need to get rid of a some of them. I have them in all sizes.
Blessings,
Chris
Blessings,
Chris
Hope you have a great time at your retreat, enjoy the time with your daughter. Fall is coming here too, in fact we've had a cool front come through and the windows are shut, no comforter on the bed though.
ReplyDeleteLovely applique. Fall up there, Spring down here. The weather there seems very contrary. =) A mission trip to India....how fabulous!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're busy, busy! Your applique blocks look wonderful. Will you take something to stitch in India?
ReplyDelete