Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

End of September

The end of September is here and I have very little to show in the area of completed anything. 
I did work on a few Dear Daughter Blocks. 
This is one of the alternate blocks.


I still have to stitch the centers. Did not want to do that on the train.


One blue Bright Jane block for the RSC.


A good start on another. 
This is an alternate block using a stay-in foundation. 
I think I am going to like doing foundation piecing this way.


Two of my little girls were quite productive. 
Well, the 5 year old especially. 


 She had sewn several pairs of I Spy blocks together. 
Then she got creative. 
A cape for the elephant.


A cape for the turtle. 
She found several uses for the hearts I stitched up in May.


 A pollinator box she made at fair camp in July. 
She got a 3rd prize. 
Not bad for a 5 year old who uses glue 
at about the same speed her Gramma uses her credit card. 
More heart blocks.
More pairs of I Spy blocks.


Another cape. 


Our OMG goal was for the little girls to stitch up some of their blocks. 
 Since she only got as far as sewing 2 blocks together about 10 times, 
I entered these for her as a needlework item.


The 6 year old had gotten about 60 I Spy blocks sewn into pairs
then she sewed 6 pairs together. 
It is a good start. 
But she is a starter.  Like her Gramma. 


Actually,
this is what she prefers to be doing. 
And the second front tooth fell out the night before so
she could focus on her calf. 



Blessings, 
Gramma Chris

linking to 
lovelaughquilt  main-crush-monday   mid week makers  BOMs Away  let's bee social  needle-and-thread-thursday  can I get a whoop-   needleandthreadnetwork    esther aliu's WOW  slow sunday stitching one-monthly-goal-september-finish

14 comments:

  1. What pretty blocks. I wish my granddaughter was near enough to teach to sew. Your grands are off to a good start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Both girls seem to be creative. The younger one has a good start

      Delete
  3. Awesome. Isn't it fun to have our granddaughters to see with us? Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are so lovely! And I love how the 5 year old is making everyone a super hero! too cute!!!! It's great that the older grand is raising the calf, awesome to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She showed the calf at our local fall fair. She could have gone to school and taken the bus to the fair with her class, but she stayed home from school and went to the fair with the cows.

      Delete
  5. I love the cape for the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a puppy with a cape and a red ribbon pinned on with a long quilting pin.
      You should see how much tape she uses.

      Delete
  6. I love your blue block! And way to go teaching the grands to sew from an early age. Those capes are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. These girls are amazing. Love your comment that she uses glue as fast as you use your credit card. Ha ha ha! The capes are darling. Keep up the good work. You're raising great grandkids here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww - I really enjoyed all the little pieces the girls worked on. I laughed at the credit card comment, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some pretty gorgeous blocks there. The red and white with all the tiny pieces looks very challenging! How sweet that your granddaughters are learning to sew, too. The memories will be just as precious as their skills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your use of the dark BLUE fabric in your Jane block!! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photo of your DGD with out her two front teeth and her beautiful calf Chris. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete