Pages

Monday, October 1, 2018

October 2018 OMG

My printer quit. This is the second one that quits when the black ink runs out. I got it replaced on warranty last time but will see what they say this time. I bought it for half price and have new ink cartridges in it that cost a lot. How did we ever quilt without a printer and photocopier? This one is special. It prints 11 x 17 ledger size pages. 



October is here and I am not ready. Oh, I put on socks today and the furnace kicked in the middle of the night. How can weather go from 33C one day and 6C the next? Oh yes, it is fall here in Canada. At least we do not have snow. Yet. 

I have been posting about many of my ufos. I am slowed down right now because I want to take pictures but my quilt room is so stinkin' cluttered, first with my stuff, then with the little girls ipads, crafts, toys, paper for drawing, paper for colouring, paper for painting, paper for cutting, paper, paper, paper. I brought a recycle bin in here so I could begin to declutter. We are still trying to figure things out since the girls moved in half-time a month ago. I like that they are here some of the time. I do not pack lunches or do their laundry, and their dad cooks supper the nights they are here. I like that too. But there is extra furniture and boxes with toys and winter gear and other stuff. 




I have decided that my one-monthly-goal-october-goal will be to continue the ufo posts . This means taking a few more pictures. So far I have done 11 posts. However, I am having difficulty locating a few of them. They will show sometime when I am not looking for them. And I really want to post them in the order they were started. But I could skip ahead then come back. Most of the posts are already written. I did that back in June. I will aim for 15 more. 

Turns out there is a clean function on the printer. If only I had known. This bit of information cost me $22. It could have been more. I might have had to buy a new printer/copier. And the recycle bin is now full and I can see the floor again. And I can access the design wall again. At least until the little girls return tonight. 

Blessings,
Chris 

5 comments:

  1. I hope the weather settles one way or the other for you soon. As for your sewing space, it sounds as though you've already started getting ahead on that one! Good luck with the UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Littles in your space can be a blessing and a stressor all at the same time. So glad you are there for them and their dad. It's what we parents and grandparents do! Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is chilly. We haven't turned our furnace on yet, I refuse to do so until I get the windows washed and shut up tight. I'm not paying the LP company one penny more than I have to. I've been wearing long underwear out to the barn in the morning but our days are warming up and I have the windows open today. Grandchildren are wonderful but they do come with a lot of 'stuff'. It's a nice to have your son cook some of the evening meals. How soon are you leaving for Poland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same weather here in France, it was great, now it's not anymore! Socks, scarf, winter is coming ;) Great goal, I hope you will find your ufo when you need to ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still warm in Kentucky, which makes puppy an unhappy dog! He would love it there! Best of luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete