A girl that was working for us was leaving for collage and I decided to make her a quilt. For her birthday I gave her a box of fabrics and a pattern I found in a magazine. It was a simplified carpenters wheel in burnt orange and random scraps. It took me a few months but I got the quilt made and machine quilted with that wretched monofiliment thread. She loved it and dragged it off to college every week and back home on weekends.
I thought I would make my son one but in blacks and whites with a touch of red. So I started collecting fat quarters then cut hundreds of squares getting ready to make hundreds of 3 inch half square triangles.
I never actually got any stitches sewn but am ready if a mystery quilt comes along that needs hundreds of 3 inch half square triangles.
Blessings,
Chris
I thought I would make my son one but in blacks and whites with a touch of red. So I started collecting fat quarters then cut hundreds of squares getting ready to make hundreds of 3 inch half square triangles.
I never actually got any stitches sewn but am ready if a mystery quilt comes along that needs hundreds of 3 inch half square triangles.
Blessings,
Chris
These colors should make a stunning quilt!
ReplyDeleteYes, that color combo will be gorgeous!
ReplyDelete