Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

UFO #21 Reminiscence 2007


In August 2005 my Sweet Farmer and I went to the Ohio State Fair. He went to see Guernsey Cows and I went to see quilts. Two quilts caught my attention. One of them was Reminiscence by The Rabbit Factory. A couple of years later, I found the pattern and entire quilt kit for half price at a closeout sale at a local quilt shop. I did not need to think twice about buying the thing.




I had just enough of a white tone on tone fabric for the background. I started it Dec 2007.


I was in the final year of my undergrad and I was doing an internship, 2 distance ed courses, individual counseling, I was still milking cows every day AND my first grand baby came into my life. I started spending a lot more time with my son who was not willing to give up all his nights playing yet and his wife went back to work waitressing 3-4-5 nights a week.  So, I started Reminiscence. All those little freezer paper bits in the box. I found a portable lamp and spent many evenings tracing and cutting. This was the fifth quilt I started that year. I completed one 2 years later. 




I even took one block with me to India Feb 2009. That was the last block I worked on. How I hated pushing the needle through all that dried glue with the freezer paper still inside, and tone on tone fabric is not so easy to hand stitch through. This was before I discovered needle turned hand applique. But then, I started my first Dear Jane quilt and this changed the direction of my quilting journey.  Machine applique just might be the solution here. 

Blessings,
Chris

2 comments:

  1. I've had the best time browsing through your UFO posts. You have some beauties lurking! I think this is my favorite - or maybe Heavenly Stars - or maybe Rose Medallion. I've also got the Woodlands Creatures pattern, but I never did start gathering fabrics for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! You certainly have some beautiful UFO's.

    ReplyDelete