Pages

Friday, October 5, 2018

UFOs #14 Underground Railroad 2005

How was I to know that summer in 2005, that the simple purchase of one fat quarter bundle of Civil War reproduction fabrics was going to change my life and my approach to quilting? My local quilt shop was running a summer class on Quilt in a Day's Underground Railroad and for some reason, I was unable to take the class. I heard it was fun. I decided to do the quilt and one of my quilting friends joined me in starting this journey.



I got 10 of the blocks done and stalled because of some weirdness in a technique used to make the Dresdan Plate block and the whole thing ended up in a pizza box on a shelf never to be touched again until now.



Oh, and I started 3 other quilts that month, non of which are completed yet. I am sure that had nothing to do with it. One of them was the Biblical Blocks. Come to think of it, I was finishing up my first Biblical Blocks quilt and doing an internship because I had gone back to school after my kids were gone and I recall going to Scotland on a class trip studying Celtic Christianity as well as doing Developmental Psychology and a distance ed course on the Gospel of John and then, I went to India for the first time. I remember that because I was trying to do some of the coursework on some of the 8 flights and 2 train rides we took and swollen feet. I guess I was a bit busy because I was also milking cows every day back then as well as doing all the bookkeeping and paying all the bills. Nice to be retired from all that now.

Blessings, 
Chris



1 comment:

  1. Lovely blocks and fabrics it is a challenge to keep on track with projects.

    ReplyDelete