In 2004, I bought the book written by Rosemary Makhan at one of the shop hops I went to. Those were a lot of fun. Visiting all the shops on the list in one day. I usually spent close to a thousand dollars each time by the time I bought all the fabric to make at least 2 new quilts, some books and fat quarters all on sale. Fabric prices were at $15-20 per meter. Problem is, I never got around to making any of the quilts. And yes, we were taught to take the book apart, punch holes and put it in a binder. I have a lot of binders on one of my book shelves.
I was determined to make this one. One of the shops offered a series of classes with Rosemary so I signed up, pulled some fabrics from my hoard stash and bought an interesting upholstery fabric for the borders. I started tracing and cutting out ALL the many freezer paper applique shapes. Then horrors!! The class was cancelled! So it ended up in a box. Did I ever mention that if I do not see something, it does not exist? Then the shop was closed. Sigh.
Rosemary based this pattern on William Morris designs. I knew so little of that stuff, even though I had studied textiles at college before I was married. This is a simplified version of the now popular medallion quilts. I would love to revisit this one and see what I can do with it.
Blessings,
Chris
I was determined to make this one. One of the shops offered a series of classes with Rosemary so I signed up, pulled some fabrics from my
Rosemary based this pattern on William Morris designs. I knew so little of that stuff, even though I had studied textiles at college before I was married. This is a simplified version of the now popular medallion quilts. I would love to revisit this one and see what I can do with it.
Blessings,
Chris
This quilt is a beauty! I don't know what you plan to do with all of your UFO's but this is one I'd keep and try to work on.
ReplyDelete