May 2012 I graduated with a Masters in Theological Studies. It took me 4 years. I had taken a year off for health reasons. In May of that year, I flew out to New Brunswick to visit my daughter and this time took my new toy - a GO Baby cutter and a couple of dies and some fabric named Bread and Butter. We were going to make a quilt quickly. Well, we got 16 twelve inch squares cut and sewn together. I brought them home in my carry on bag and put them in a box. We talked about the possibilities often. But that is all.
It was much later that I found the Winterthur panels for my Morrell and thought they might just play nicely here. However, the panels are all rectangular not square. Until I put these all up on the big design wall, I had no idea how good they looked. Much different than in a box in the closet with a pile of other fabrics. Now to calculate how to make that middle section square.
Blessings,
Chris
It was much later that I found the Winterthur panels for my Morrell and thought they might just play nicely here. However, the panels are all rectangular not square. Until I put these all up on the big design wall, I had no idea how good they looked. Much different than in a box in the closet with a pile of other fabrics. Now to calculate how to make that middle section square.
Blessings,
Chris
Those panels look really good with the blocks. I think you are onto something here.
ReplyDeleteDear Chris,
ReplyDeleteHave you considered putting those 4 bird blocks on point? I think they would look terrific that way. x Jessica in Australia who always enjoys your blog as I think I might just have as many UFO's as you .... ha! ha!
What an interesting idea. I will put them back up on the wall and see what that looks like. Each of the bird blocks faces the same way.
DeleteI see some beautiful feathers quilted in the 'filler' rectangles to make that center square.... Pretty quilt with lots of options to finish it.
ReplyDeleteReading the earlier comment about placing the bird blocks on point...looking forward to what you might decide...
ReplyDelete