Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2019

November 2019 OMG Goal

November's one-monthly-goal. will be to complete the embroidery on one of the borders for BTCT. It will be a nice change from stitching circles.

Bottom border. I left extra fabric and bias stem to join to the sides. I will add a few more leaves after the corners are all connected. 
I took one border to England with me a few weeks ago and happily stitched away in my sister's conservatory - a lovely sunroom. I enjoyed watching the weather change from fog to rain to sun to rain to sun then more rain. I have dreamed of having one on the back of my old farmhouse for years and years. Maybe one day. But in the meantime, it is November and the leaves are falling off the trees and the rest of the airconditioning units must come out of the windows. This year we had 5 going. No wonder our hydro bill was up from last year.

The oil got changed in my car and the snow tires will go on soon. I actually bought new socks and wore them the other day. Last week I had the little boys here for 4 whole days. They had a 4 day weekend from school so to the farm they wanted to come. Grampa had 2 large dump trucks of dirt deposited in the yard so the boys each had their own mountain to climb and excavate. One was a volcano I was told. And they asked to put blocks on the design wall. How could I say no?

Dear Jane 2 and Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. I did get the brown and beigey squares cut out with the GO cutter.
November is also NaNoWriMo month. National Novel Writing Month. I anticipate completing my first draft this month. I have so far resisted starting on the Ella Maria Deacon Quilt, even though I read about it, write about it, dream about it, talk about it and drool over the picture of it. I have a project box filled with Jane Austin reproduction fabrics and 10 yards of a yummy tone on tone creamy fabric I found in the cupboard. I brought home some fabric from England that will be perfect for a bit of Broderie Perse applique. I really like doing that. But I will control myself and wait until January. It might be 12:01 am, but it will be next year.

The cleaning lady is here doing her magic on the dirt that accumulated since her last visit. On her last visit, we had a new toilet installed. How nice to be able to flush with only one flick of the wrist.

I will be back at the end of the month to share how much embroidery gets done.
Blessings,
Chris

linking with: needleandthreadnetwork. one-monthly-goal-november. peacock-party. off the wall Friday.  confessionsofafabricaddict. tgiff.  needle-and-thread-thursday.  frombolttobeauty.
slow-sunday-stitching.  quiltingismorefunthanhousework.  design-wall-monday. monday-making.  wednesday-wait-loss.

15 comments:

  1. The border looks lovely. Little boys just love piles of dirt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your border is beautiful, but the pile of blocks.... wow! Definitely some nice eye candy there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your border! And your design wall is quite busy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely border - good luck in making progress there, and with the blocks on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your OMG! I love what your grandsons did on the design wall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vine border! And your design wall... what shall you call it? Invasion of the little boys! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a 'sand box'! How fun. Good luck on writing this month and the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trip to England sounds divine!
    So many fun things to do... so little time :)
    Enjoy your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great border! Your trip to England sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that design wall!
    And that conservatory sounds lovely - though I admit that every time I hear 'conservatory' I end up picturing Miss Scarlet and Colonel Mustard lurking in the background - possibly with a candlestick...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty border! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane Austen reproduction fabrics sound fun! Your border is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like your trip was not only productive but very restful too! A sub porch sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your appliqué border is looking great, and it sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful applique! Good luck with your November OMG.

    ReplyDelete