This is a quilt I made for my daughter when she was about 8. The center is a very faded Care Bear Cousins panel. That pink poly-cotton will never fade or shrink. It is tied. She used this one for years as a take-along and on the couch. One of her cats persisted in sucking on one of the ties. Silly cat.
When she was about 13 I found a quilt shop that was selling out and I bought some fabric for half price. She chose the colours. We were told that if we turned some of the fabrics over, we would get yet another colour. Who knew. I cut out all those squares and hand-pieced them. It is also tied and has a flannel backing. Many of the squares are falling apart and I have patched it.
Blessings,
Chris
Blessings,
Chris
What a great trip down memory lane! I tied all my first quilts too. I tied a little one I did last year..... but the current cats like yarn or thread too much to do it more. They chewed about 1/4 of them before I got it out of the house to it's new owner.
ReplyDelete