October's one-monthly-goal will be to complete all the hand applique on at least 2 borders of BTCT. This will mean doing only about 3 cherries a day. I have started to do them freehand since most of the other 300 circles were done that way. It appears that I cut some of the circles too big. So I made those smaller.
Then, I realized that many others were too big also, to freehand stitch. If I was using the perfect circles it would not matter. I will be away for half the month and I think this border at 10 x 100 inches is a bit bulky to stuff in my carry on bag for my flight to England to visit one of my sisters.
And, I won the $25 gift coupon from Fat Quarter Shop for completing my goal last month. Wonder what I will buy this time? Thank you, Patty!
Blessings,
Chris
Linking with: needleandthreadnetwork. myquiltinfatuation.
And, I won the $25 gift coupon from Fat Quarter Shop for completing my goal last month. Wonder what I will buy this time? Thank you, Patty!
Blessings,
Chris
Linking with: needleandthreadnetwork. myquiltinfatuation.
A bowl of cherries come in different sizes - yours looks wonderful! BTW - our paths may cross while we both travel to the UK...leaving next Tuesday and will be gone for a couple of weeks. I am undecided as to taking a small stitching project along...want to travel light. Wishing you a safe and enjoyable journey!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in England! That is a lot of cherries but the quilt is going to be so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour border vines and cherries look wonderful. I find it frustrating to have to resize applique pieces but I hope you don't! Maybe you could fan-fold the strip so you could take it along, or maybe put it on a cardboard roll? But then maybe, if you leave it at home, you'd focus on being in England with your sister? Congrats on winning the gift certificate for Fat Quarter Shop.
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous border! Now I need to research your blog and find out what the rest of it looks like. This will be fun. Good luck with your October OMG!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
ReplyDelete