Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Global Virtual Quilting Retreat






I am so excited to be taking part in the Chookshed birthday party in Australia this weekend. Things are re-opening up here in Ontario Canada. I had a chiropractic adjustment yesterday and a massage booked for next week. Little Jonathan is turning 6 on Sunday. It is exactly 100 years since his Great-Grandfather was born here in this old farmhouse. He has been gone quite a few years, but Great-Grandma is 91 and still going strong. She still lives in her own home next door, and bought a new car last year as she is still driving.

All 5 grandchildren are here for a few days. The girls have switched to a week about with the joint custody and the little boys arrived yesterday. It will be pizza and cake tomorrow. But I will not be able to eat any of it because I am on the whole30 program this month. Three of us in this house are doing it together. This is day 4. I had an NSV (non-scale victory) yesterday. It was the first day in forever that I did not crash mid-day and desperately need a nap. And this with all the children here! And, we made 2 very large crock pots of clean beef stew. I will make a lot of compliant chili on Sat. This means we will have lots of whole30 compliant food instead of grabbing a sandwich or bun or something with sugar, dairy, legumes, or grains.

Now to decide what quilting project I will be working on this weekend. Gay at Sentimental Stitches is releasing a new Block of the Week tomorrow and I plan to play along. It is called 3030 because there will be 30 blocks in 30 weeks. I have a whole bin of 1930's reproduction feedback prints and solids just waiting for a chance to come out and play. I dug out 3 bolts of white fabric to choose from. I think I will go with the white muslin but will pre-wash it first. Guess I should get busy.

Blessings,
Chris
linking with:  myquiltinfatuation.  fortheloveofgeese.  tgiff.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Chris can't wait to catch up..... Goodluck with the good bit it does help when it's not just you doing it on your own.....
    Sounds busy with all the kids so goodluck on that front....See you soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the party! Great fabric selection for a new project.
    Thanks for linking at TGIFF, and feel free to link up with Patchwork & Quilts on Sunday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Those look like pretty fabrics to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't we have an amazing weekend? I thoroughly enjoyed myself and even got some sewing done.
    I'm hoping it won't be too long before we do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric. Hope you had a wonderful visit with family. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I missed you ... it was such a great idea to have a zoom party :)

    ReplyDelete