Today I pre-washed what I thought was the rest of the 1930's prints for the 3030 Quilt. I was wrong. I found 2 more bins.
I debated just cutting off a piece of each of the solids to use sporadically in the quilt but, decided to just prewash them all. Some of then are 1-1/2 yd cuts others are smaller.
It makes me think of cream sickles and lemonade.
I have all sorts of ideas going through my head about using some of these fabrics. Dresden. Charm. Something I could cut out quickly with one of my many GO dies.
But, alas, I still have not completed that book report and it is due tonight.
In the meantime, I continue to discover the new blogger experience. For instance, I cannot find where to make the pictures bigger. Do I need to make the pictures bigger? Probably not. But it is nice to know how. Also, finding the new post option. That is the red circle with the + in it at the bottom of the page.
Now to get back to writing. I will pre-wash the rest another day.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with: needle and thread network
I think that most of us realise that we have way more fabric than we will ever get around to using! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your 30's fabrics. The book report sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteI think fabrics breed in the bins. lol You are way ahead of the game by prewashing.
ReplyDeleteI'm cleaning up my sewing room and it has dawn on me too. Where does it all come from? lol. Don't worry about the pictures, they are nice just like that and they still come closer and larger when one click on it. So all is good.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the 3030 quilt. ;^)
Well, think I found out why my comments would not post! In Safari you have to turn off the following:
ReplyDeleteGo to your Safari -> Settings -> Privacy -> uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking."
So this is a test - I have a lot of 1930’s and older Judi Rothermel fabrics - need to get a 1930’s done! Hugs
YEA it worked!
ReplyDeleteLove your fabrics, we can never have enough.
ReplyDeleteYou do have a wonderful selection of fabrics at your disposal! You don't have to go out to shop.... just go visit the sewing area! Good luck writing, don't forget to take those stitching breaks.
ReplyDeleteHave fun choosing what to make with those yummy fabrics!!
ReplyDeleteYes, we all have a LOT of fabric. It is part of the process to collect fabric!
ReplyDeleteHello. This is my first visit to your blog :) You can never have too much fabric.
ReplyDeleteI also had issues with the pictures so I asked tech support aka the son. Apparently you can just click on the pic and drag one of the corners of the pic to make it larger OR when you do click on the pic a small menu will pop up below it. There is a pen symbol and if you click that it will give you options for the picture size. Lots of clicking involved :) Hope that helps.
I will be interested to see what you make with the fabric. I am not looking forward to these changes from blogger.
ReplyDelete