I have been giving a lot of thought to what my goal for June should be. I did complete 31 unfinished blocks for May. Well, a few were new Dj2 blocks, but most of the others were half done and now they are completely done. In my 2020 goal of working on 20 different quilts, I managed to work on no less than 5. And, I am planning to start a new BOW this week. More about that later. In the meantime, I was desperately trying to find some suitable red thread to complete this Ella block. I know I had a whole spool of red thread leftover from BTCT. I know I have some.
But for the life of me, I could not find any. I looked through many see-through storage containers. I ate a lot of cookies years ago to accumulate all these wonderful boxes. I usually start a new project box with each new quilt start. Especially for the hand applique ones. Thread. Needles. Scissors. Glasses. And I labeled them so it was easy to know which box had the machine needles, the hand stitching needles, the machine applique threads, the machine quilting threads, the coloured threads and perfect circles. You know - really organized. Sort of. I had several hand applique projects on the go and could put them into my stitching bag as I traveled or babysat.
I still could not find the right thread. And completing that block was on my May OMG list of 31 blocks to complete. I have been halfheartedly telling myself I need to stop and go through every container and put things back in their rightful place and start over again. Especially since I plan to start the new BOM this month. You see, I completed the BTCT top in April and did not return all the little things to their rightful place. So, the other day, I wasted precious quilting time looking.
I did eventually find the thread and I did complete the block.
So. My June one-monthly-goal will be to go through all those storage boxes and organize them to death. And label the new project box.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with:
needleandthreadnetwork. wednesday-wait-loss,
midweek-makers. myquiltinfatuation.
wendysquiltsandmore.

Hi,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you got the scanner/printer working...I an just as inept with computer "stuff"...thankfully I have a son that helps me with that. I've been sorting and "cleaning" my quilting stuff too....didn't know I had soooo much "stuff"...Love your Ella block is beautiful...have a great day!
Glad you can stay on top of the girl's school work. Wondering what the new project is. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI love your "haberdashery" store. Well done on learning how to scan.
ReplyDeleteI try to be organized but finding a certain something eludes every once in a while. So Frustrating!
ReplyDeleteGood job on the scanning. That is how I used to have to do it on my personal computer but for some reason my work computer lets me do it from the printer... and add multiple scans in one document. Shhh. I use the work laptop when I need to scan anything to a PDF and then email it to my personal account! Good luck organizing. I hope to finally quilt a quilt this month but chose something I knew I would get done - finishing my hand pieced book club.
ReplyDeleteI really don't want to talk about organizing LOL I am barely started on going through and getting rid of stuff. I can't take all this stuff in my room! I have enough projects started, just need to get each one contained with what I need for it, and get rid of anything else.
ReplyDeleteIt's so frustrating when you can't find something! You did finally find the thread, was it somewhere it shouldn't have been? Pleased you mastered the scanning, another frustrating experience while it wasnt happening. So that's two good results for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.
ReplyDeleteWell it may have taken too long to find your red thread, but you learned how to use the scanner so I'd call it a good month. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDelete