Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2018

New Series of Posts About UFOs


One of the things I wanted to do this summer is downsize my quilt stash. Its more of a massive hoard. I have bought hundreds, ye, thousands of yards and pieces of fabrics over the years. But in reality, I will not be able to make all the quilts I wanted to. Something about choosing the more difficult hand appliqued samplers in the past few years that take more than a weekend to make and I have progressive osteoarthritis that slows me down.


 I thought about doing a one month challenge for August to write about each of 31 never before mentioned ufos including kits purchased and their journey. I have a notebook I have kept over the years listing, in order, all the quilts I have ever started and those I have completed as well as how and to whom they were given. I even figured out how to pre-schedule posts. 




One of the reasons motivating this great task was that I will be celebrating my fifth year of blogging on Sept 4th and thought it would be nice to have it coincide with my 500th blog post but I would still have to write up another 131 posts, so, instead, I started to prepare 31 posts.  In June I started doing a treasure hunt in the massive quilt cupboard and taking pictures and writing what comes to mind. It has been quite the nostalgic journey. I also have been doing more research for my second book and so much has fallen into place with this quilt ufo journey. 

Mid July I decided to take a break from blogging and reading blogs. After all, it takes time to read and comment and interact with bloggers, which I love by the way.  I thought I would have some time without little people and I planned to be writing. Mid August I had one week and thoroughly enjoyed some quiet time, started chiropractic treatments 3 times a week and had 2 painful dentist appointments. The little children all returned at once and the summer is now over. 

I am celebrating my 5 year blogging anniversary and will post about my ufos sporadically. Stay tuned.

Blessings,
Chris

Linking with:
superscrappy.   midweek-makers                                 BOMs Away  sewfreshquilts   needle-and-thread-thursday   can I get a whoop-whoop    esther's WOW    needleandthreadnetwork   quilter's monday 

9 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your UFO's and their journeys! Hope all the painful procedures are over and that the treatments are helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to hearing about your UFOS. I listed mine several years ago, finished a few and added even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea to have a list of projects. I keep a list of customer quilts I have to do, but not of my own. Hmmm...now you've given me something to think about. I hope you feel better and have time to work on your UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogging Anniversary! What a good idea to document all your quilts and where they went!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversary! I'm came here through Beth Shirley's Love Laugh Quilt. I ❤️ Reading quilters' blogs, but long ago (5 years ago during a move to the farm), lost reasonable internet connection, and access to my own blog 🤣😂. Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to slow down my stash acquisition and speed up my usage....Yep, that's what I'm trying to do. Read less, shop WAY less, and sew more! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to list your projects. I did this when I got my Quilter's Planner, but keep adding instead of subtracting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really fantastic way to document your quilt's journey Chris. And Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete