Pages

Friday, August 28, 2020

August OMG Completion

 I love doing the monthly OMG. It is one thing I try to accomplish each month. I do not always succeed, but that is usually because I stop trying to meet it. Let's face it, we all have 744 hours in this month of August to do what we do. I often spend at least 100 of those hours playing games and at least 90 hours napping. And there is eating. I do a lot of that. And sleeping. I usually get at least 200 hours a month. Then there is talking. The number of times someone walks into my quilt room/office and engages me in conversation. Hours each day.  One time I had stopped playing games for several months and turned off the computer for part of the day. I got a lot of stitching done that month. A lot. I have been working on a couple of courses this past month. I am trying to get the course work complete before the end of the year. However, family has been taking up much of my time. We are having a Christmas dinner here this weekend. Some of the family will be here for the fresh turkey on Sat. Others will come for leftovers on Sunday. 

I am taking part in a Virtual Wrirtring retreat this weekend also. Well, today. There is a turkey to cook up tomorrow after I remember to thaw it and chop up the celery and bread. I will have help for that part. I think we will be eating outside. There are thunderstorms in the forecast for the morning. But if not, I will have to find room for 17 people in here. 

My goal for August was to complete 3 blocks and possibly more. I did complete one and stitched on a few others. So without further ado, here are my completed blocks for August:







Blessings,

Chris

linking with midweek-makers-  wednesday-wait-loss-

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty appliques! A few of them remind me of blocks from the 1857 quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 30's applique project is great! I like the fussy-cut cat in the center. 744 hours in the month? The days have certainly melted away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks look wonderful! I remember you showing them on the ZOOM quilting bee! You are quite busy so don't be kind to yourself! Stay healthy and stitch on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPs! hit the return button before re-reading should say Be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I just posted mine only to pop in and discover you had done the same.

    I loved your breakdown of hours for August. I never thought to consider the hours we spend in detail like that.

    Your applique' blocks are beautiful as always - sew sew much work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Hummmm. I am trying to reduce the hours on the computer and getting there. Life is back to normal (at least the last 3 days) and I hope it continues - this has been a horrible 8 months, but the last quarter of the year appears to be full of quilting and peace and quiet and good health! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may look like a humble offering but there is a lot of work in those hand appliqued blocks! Congrats on getting that done while protesting for a large family event! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete