It is December and time once again for the Blog-Post-A-Day Challenge. I thought about doing this last month, but there were other more important things like answering the phone, monitoring Facebook, and dealing with emails for the event of the century when we sold all of our cows. Oh, and making bank deposits. I have learned how to relax a bit and I know how to schedule posts so do not have the pressure of having to write every single day.
So, sit back, grab a hot drink, and join me each day this month for some ramblings about whatever comes into my head to write about. It could get interesting. Most times it will be about my quilting journey, But you never know. Life here on the Farm is entering a new chapter with my husband retiring. Good thing I like him since he keeps hovering over what I am doing.
There is still one lonely cow to milk twice a day and a few in the dry cow barn to feed. We have to rethink how the water will come into the house from the well since right now it is piped through the barn underground then to the house. With no cows in the barn, it will eventually freeze all the lines. I recall that happening one January and it was May 16 when it started flowing again. We had a cistern for other use, but every day I took a bucket to the well and brought our drinking water to the house. I was making homemade butter at the time, so had to make sure I had lots. These days just walking that far is a challenge for me.
See you tomorrow,
Chris
Hope you get the water line figured out before it freezes. We had to do some line work in our east barn also. I look forward to all your posts, happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteHe does not go out to the barn until 6:30 to milk his one cow. She will be leaving for Wisconsin in a few days.
DeleteA post a day is challenging so good luck….
ReplyDeleteI hear you re hubby being retired…
Yesterday he took my car in to get the snow tires on and the oil changed. The bill was over $700. We forgot to pay to have the brakes fixe back in the summer. To our defence, they did not give us an invoice. The thing with posting every day, will be keeping up with replying to comments.
DeleteWhat a challenge,a post every day! Looking forward to it
ReplyDeleteI participated one year and really enjoyed it. I will again I'm sure, but not this year!
ReplyDeleteOne cow to milk - wow. What a big change for you!
ReplyDeleteHope your water doesn't freeze.