Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Thread

 Can we ever have too much thread? Well, maybe not. I usually work on 3-4 different hand stitcheries at a time and pull out the threads I need and put them into a small project box. but I seldom return everything when I am done. Still have a few days to get my Dec OMG organizing done. 


I was looking for the perfect turquoise thread for an Ella Block before we left to spend the weekend with the little boys for Christmas and pulled out all these see-through containers looking for the thread I had used on the last block I stitched on who knows when since it was so long ago. In the end, I did no stitching but lots of snuggling and eating. 

Now to get ready to spend the afternoon with Chooky and friends on zoom and some Slow Stitching

Blessings,

Chris


8 comments:

  1. Oh golly gosh, good luck finding the right thread. so many useful pts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not find the perfect turquoise thread wo will have to look somewhere else.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful collection of threads. No I do not think we can have too many. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! My fingers are itching to play with your threads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to sort these all and put them away. The boxes are mostly labeled like machine applique threads or Machine quilting thread.

      Delete
  4. I am envious of your thread collection. Mine is so small because I never sewed other things - just quilts. I generally keep large spools of grey, cream, and white around for piecing and several large spools in a variety of colors for machine quilting. Other than that, tis slim pickin's for thread 'round my sewin' room. Planning to order some silk thread this week for applique' though.

    ReplyDelete