Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Hand Stitching for Today

 It is Sunday and very quiet here this morning so far. I have been up for about an hour and a half and wrote my Morning pages. What is that you may ask? Come back later this week and I will tell you. 

I was looking through my Ella project box looking for something to stitch by hand since it is the day we slow down and do Slow Stitching. 

Here is what I found. 


 Five blocks started and not completed. Three of them were partly stitched back in the spring and are just waiting for me to do some more back basting. Somewhere along the line, I placed each of the blocks and the extra fabrics in file folders to keep them nice and flat and together. One of the things that slow me down is continual rummaging through the fabrics and creating a mess. Now I know how to make a mess, but I am trying to get more organized so I can be more productive. 

I wonder how much progress I will make today?

Blessings,

Chris

5 comments:

  1. Looks like those blocks will keep you busy for a while! I am also very good at creating a mess…I try to clean up as I go but sometimes the mess gets ahead of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ella Deacon quilt and you have made such a pretty start. I also find I overwhelm myself when I pull out fabrics and I'm always in a mess it seems. The big clean ups don't stay that way long. Anyway, Happy Sunday Slow Stitching Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ella blocks are so pretty! Hope you enjoy some slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some lovely Ella blocks there. Oh, I am very good at making a mess, too, with all my sewing bits. Your Morning pages have me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely applique blocks. I'm rather good at making a mess too!

    ReplyDelete