As I was rummaging in a random box, I found the missing Disappearing 4-patch blocks and yet another ufo. I took a stack-n-whack workshop way back in the spring 2007. It was a bit advanced for a first time project. We were to find a bold print that showed through to the back so we could do some mirror imaging.
When I taught this later I had them do a 4 block repeat. That way they got the technique easily and could complete something quickly.
It was incredible how the butterfly wings all came together.
There were 13 points coming together on the center.
So why did I not finish this thing? It was a lot of work. But why not complete it? I did not have the pattern piece for the butterfly bodies. And I started 5 other quilts that year.
When everyone else used black for a bold background, I chose to be different and used a crisp white. Those butterfly wings would have sparkled against black.
Blessings,
Chris
I love your butterfly quilt, it looks fabulous!
ReplyDelete