Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

December 2020 OMG Goal

Last month I switched my focus to some of the 150 Canadian Women blocks. Those are all pieced so no applique to tire my hands. This month I plan to work on some of the pieced blocks for the Ella Maria Deacon BOM from sentimentalstitches.. This program started in Sept 2019 and I bought most of the patterns each month for half price as they were released. I plan to only make 50 of the 85 offered to commemorate our 50th wedding anniversary next August. I started appliqueing blocks in April. Some of them are extremely challenging and so satisfying. However, the stiffness and pain in my right hand continue to hinder me for now, so I will be machine piecing for a while. This month's OMG goal will be to get a few more Ella blocks made. No promises as to how many. Just a few. The blocks circled in green are the Nov blocks and the ones circled in pink are some that I will be making. I had considered only doing applique blocks and not the pieced ones, but at the rate I am going it will not be finished until my 60th anniversary and I do not want to wait that long.


I am working with colours I do not normally use. Softer colors like aqua and coral and creams and butter and chocolate. Now I am getting hungry. Back to work.  

Blessings,

Chris 

linking with: needleandthreadnetwork. myquiltinfatuation.

 Also, I did something and cannot figure out how to undo it. I am not getting comments sent to my email. I had this problem earlier with the new blogger but resolved it but do not remember how. 

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goal! For the comments, go into the settings, then e-mail then email posts to. Remove what is in there. Save then put your e-mail info back in there and save again. It should start sending them again. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a beautiful quilt, a wonderful commemoration of your 50 years together. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing and time consuming project to be working on. I admire your patience and perserveance. It's definitely an heirloom project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like that will be a beautiful quilt in your color way. Hope your hand feels better, piecing taking a break from appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I have also not been getting all of my comments sent to my email. Most of them come through but not all. I have no idea how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb A gave me some instructions but they are not working for me.
      For the comments, go into the settings, then e-mail then email posts to. Remove what is in there. Save then put your e-mail info back in there and save again. It should start sending them again. Good luck.

      Delete
  6. You've got your work cut out for you with those blocks! Sorry to hear about sore hands wanting to do some applique. So far my hands are holding out but there are some days they don't so I feel your pain. Here's to some happy piecing anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete