Pages

Monday, December 7, 2020

Prepping for Foundation Piecing Blitz

I spent Sat morning working on preparing several Ella blocks for foundation piecing. I had printed off the patterns when they were released each month and copied the foundation patterns onto that special foundation paper. That's about as far as I got back then. So now I organized them, put dabs of colour onto the sections, and cut them out. 

Do you have any idea how challenging it is to find the right scissors to cut out paper? They have to be long enough to make a long enough cut to not tire out my hands and they have to be light enough so the weight does not tire my hands. My usual pink ones are awol so I found another. Last month I bought no less than 10 rolls of Scotch tape. We are down to only 3. What do those blessed children do with all that tape besides tape fat quarters onto treadmills and doors above the hideout and make wrist bands? Scotch tape will not tape a kid to the wall. You need duct tape to do that. 


So I cut out the foundation sections and put each block into a file folder to keep them organized. I had to correct a few after putting the colour onto the wrong spot. I was visiting one of my quilting friends online as I do most Sat mornings. We actually get a lot done. Anyway, I made mistakes so corrected them, I hope. We shall see. 

Blessings,

Chris

linking with:

design-wall-monday  katiemaequilts.boms-away monday-making. needleandthreadnetwork.





 

4 comments:

  1. Love the duct tape comment! I would think there would be a run on duct tape one of these days! Good for you for pulling out an old project and proceeding with it. I started out in March vowing to at least finish to tops some of my many UFOs. I was doing great and then recently I've started 2 brand new projects that have been shunted aside because of a commissioned T Shirt quilt. I will be a happy camper when that is done and I can go back to working on my own projects. Have fun with your paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You must have a very merry household if your wit is that sharp. LOL! I hope you discover where all the tape goes. I have about 10 tapes around the house now and no clue why I keep buying it when I already have enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhahaha!! Now all my mind sees is my kids when they were young, taped to the wall. . . There were days I'm sure I wished I could do that, but I sure did love the journey of their lives. I surely do understand the value of scissors that meet the needs you describe. Hope your pink ones show up soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggles! I like your idea for duct tape!

    ReplyDelete