Pages

Monday, December 14, 2020

Spider Soltaire

 I played a particular Spider Solitaire game last week. It took me just over 6 hours and 25 minutes. Not all in one go. It was a tough game. I might have given up on it the first week I played it, but I have this perfect streak of more than 1500 wins in a row. I figure any game can be completed if you just have patience and enjoy the journey. Well, Chris, when are you going to follow your own advice and just keep writing away until you have a first draft? I have published one book and have 2 books partly written. I have been working on the third book for the past month. It is fun and I am enjoying it. But I also have a course I want to complete before Christmas. When will I learn to put the kind of time I do in playing a game into writing the book report and summary? My left-brain logic says because I don't have to think. Silly me! Of course, I have to think to play that level of Solitaire. 


I like to play the 2-suit version. Challenging but not impossible. The 4-suit is harder. My completion rate is only 50% on several games. 

And since I am doing this 31 Day Blogging Challenge, I am actually writing most every day. I do write up several posts at a time and schedule them. But then, I keep looking at them and proofing and changing them. I am also doing a 15 Minutes a Day writing challenge for my online Writing Group with Shelley Hitz. The idea is to get into the habit of writing something every day. And I am. Just not always on my book or course work. 

Then I read things that tell me to be softer on myself and not beat myself up for not "accomplishing" anything. I do accomplish lots. Ask my grandkids. They love me and want to be in the same room with me. Like Friday night after the boys were put to bed. All 3 girls ended up in here. One on her laptop laughing hysterically with her ear pods in. Another doing math homework. On a Friday night? She's 8! And the third was writing names onto paper strips with glitter glue. And what was Gramma doing? Playing that game of Solitaire. And she finished it. 

Blessings,

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Love that the grands are all near and want to be in the same room as you! Enjoy it as you can't get those moments back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. It was so noisy and almost rowdy at supper the other night and I almost started laughing when I thought of the joy of having them all here right now.

      Delete